Here is some of the feedback we have received:
- Very well covered! You achieved a good balance. Students greatly enjoyed it on several levels and it created a sense of anticipation. Very good synopsis of plot and themes.
– Annette Bollito, Rochester Sec. College
- Very effective show and plots were well covered in both R&J and Mac. It helped our students to understand and enjoy the play which was a great help in their further study of the plays.
– Paul Richardson, St Mary’s of the Angels College, Nathalia
- Thank you for a wonderful production. The children enjoyed the presentation enormously!
– Esther Esterman, Leibler Yavneh College, Elsternwick
- We thank you for your amazing performance about Banjo poems and coming to our school to do your show. Actors were great. Positive interaction, great entertainment, encouragement, and good crowd control.
– Teacher and Students at Don Bosco PS, Narre Warren
- Thoroughly enjoyed you show. Students love being involved and were really engaged using their imaginations. Keep involving students and great stories.
– Denise Mckernan, Taylors Lakes Primary School
- Great show. We found the participation elements very effective and the show lived up to what we expected. It was colourful, pacy, and held interest of children. Very professional actors.
– Debra Marks, Botany Park Preschool, Carrum Downs
- The show included all children. It has shown the children that we not only read books but that we can act them out. This will encourage to think about other stories that they could act out. Your resource kit is very useful and has great ideas. Thank you for another great show.
– Sophie Hart, Kathleen Kelly Kindergarten, Mildura
- Fun, educational and the kids really loved the show and the dressing-up and participating.
– Leteisha Hill, Merbein Preschool, Merbein
- The laughter coming from our hall was joyous and the performance was great fun encouraging students to use their imagination to make books come to life.
– Fairfield Primary School
- The performance of “Romeo and Juliet” by the Flying Bookworm Theatre Company was exceptional. Their portrayal of the events in the play was expertly suited to the audience and allowed us to take an in-depth look into Shakespeare’s world. Never a dull moment!
– Sharman, Glen Waverley Secondary College
- Romeo & Juliet was acted out by two multitalented actors with a sense of humour… and was a fantastic creation that taught us about the themes, characters and quotes. The true meaning of some of the Elizabethan dialogue was unfolded as it was acted out and reworded into modern day English. We also learned some helpful essay writing tips and were also interested to learn about iambic pentameter. We were able to learn lots as well as get a great laugh out of it. It was a very captivating performance.
– Beni, Yr 10 2011
- During the performance, the atmosphere of the Drama Centre was filled with nothing else but the laughter and interest coming from each of the students.
The play was perfect as it had educated the students about the concepts of Shakespeare and helps understand the story of Romeo and Juliet better in a humorous manner. This includes them having translated the play from over three hundred years ago to our modern teenage society. It is because of the combination of these elements that has made it one of the most unique plays to ever be performed at our school.
– By John Le 10F 2011
- We met two funny and friendly people (male and female) who performed the Romeo and Juliet play to give us a better knowledge and understanding of the overall two star-crossed lovers. We also have some volunteers and it was great watching them perform and wearing suitable costume for the characters. Not only the play gained better knowledge with great experience for us, but it also kept us entertained throughout the overall scenes and it was worth watching the fantastic play.
– M. Tran Yr 10 2011
The company aims to make Macbeth interesting and accessible for all students and that they did!.. A performance not to be missed.
– K Meeking, Strathmore Secondary College